Lincoln Alumna to Debut New Show at Manchester Fringe

posted by | 16/05/2022

Caroline Lamb, a graduate for the University’s BA Drama Class of 2012, will debut her new play at Manchester Fringe Festival later this year.

Since leaving university, Caroline has embarked on a professional life in the theatre as a playwright. After taking a short break in 2017 to hone her skills, and an enforced break due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Caroline returns with new play On Me.

With the action playing out on a true crime film set, On Me is centred on the theme of gender-based violence with characters Shona and Christian re-enacting scenes as a victim and her abuser.

The play challenges men and women to think more carefully about the ways in which they can keep each other – and themselves – safe and asks how we can be role models, allies, potential victims and spontaneous romantics at once.

Talking about the play and reflecting on her time at the University of Lincoln, Caroline said: “I’m extremely proud of this unique piece of theatre that is coming to fruition almost exactly ten years since my graduation from the University of Lincoln. It focuses on a subject that every single woman understands all too well on a personal level – but will also resonate with individuals of all genders who are forced to make compromises on a daily basis due to the actions of a very small section of society.

“I began my professional life in the theatre after graduating from Lincoln’s Drama BA in 2012. I remember the University and city very fondly and enjoy making occasional trips back to visit! In particular, the Lincoln Company’s productions at the Edinburgh Fringe have stood me in excellent stead for producing small scale theatre, with On Me being the fourth work I have created. There are also plans in the works for a run in London – so watch this space!”

Produced by independent theatre company Dangerous to Know, On Me makes its debut at The Seven Oaks in Manchester from 27th – 30th July. More information about the Manchester performances of On Me is available at https://manchester.ssboxoffice.com/events/on-me/.

You can also find out more about Caroline’s production company Dangerous to Know at  www.dangeroustoknow.org or on social media @dtkmanc on Twitter and Dangerous To Know on Facebook.