Management Essentials: An introduction
This course introduces some of the best practice skills and knowledge to become an effective manager.
Topics covered include:
• Distinguish the difference between a manager and leader and the skills required
• An introduction to John Adair’s ‘Action Centred Leadership’
• Improve communication skills utilising ‘transactional analysis’
• Compare the motivational theorists and implement best practice
• Describe the benefits of coaching and appreciate enquiry
• Deliver constructive 360 degree feedback and recognition
This session is aimed at anyone aspiring to become a manager and those who wish to consolidate and improve their current skills.
To book a place for Wednesday 17 August 09.00 – 13.00; please visit MyView.
Story submitted by Angela Cleall-Harding