Interview Skills & Career Development
The aim of this workshop is to support staff in their career progression plans by providing interview skills training, advice on producing an excellent CV, completing applications and shortlisting questions.
The session will also look at individual career plans and personal branding. Staff will also hear about opportunities available to them for moving across areas of the University and find out more about Career Pathways.
• Describe the benefits of career planning, with case studies
• A greater awareness of the transferable skills required for particular roles
• Explore Career Pathways
• Understand the components of a good CV and covering letter
• Recognise the internal shortlisting and interview process and scoring at UoL
• Implement interview skills in a mini mock interview situation
• Consider your own individual career plans and be aware of opportunities for developing yourself internally and through the use of personal branding
• To understand the aim, process and documentation of the appraisal
• To identify your responsibilities within the scheme
• Be able to prepare effectively for your appraisal
• Practice SMART objective setting
The workshop is aimed at Professional Services staff wishing to support their own career progression and CPD.
To book a place, please visit My View.
Story submitted by Lisa Ross