Using the Green Lane Carpark at Joseph Banks Laboratories
Staff are reminded that the Joseph Banks Laboratories Car Park, P13, is managed externally by the Lincoln Science and Innovation Park (LSIP). LSIP have recently updated their guidance for parking in this area as below:
– JBL Car Park, (P13) and the parking bays along Green Lane are LSIP car parks and UKCPS enforce the LSIP parking policy in both.
– Only the white parking bays along Green Lane may be used by University staff and tenants. Blue bays are not to be used.
– Staff and tenants must display a valid parking permit within the front windscreen of their vehicle with all details clearly visible.
– Vehicles must be parked within the confines of a single marked parking bay.
– Vehicles parked in disabled parking bays must clearly display a Blue Badge and their parking permit in the front windscreen of the vehicle.
– Marked visitor bays are reserved for visitors who must register their vehicle with JBL reception within 10 minutes of parking.
– UKCPS staff now use an app, and no longer place notices on vehicles. Notices are sent to the address of registered keeper of the vehicle.
– The notice issued by UKCPS will be a demand for £100 to be paid within 28 days and reduced to £60 if paid in 14 days.
– LSIP are no longer prepared to consider rescinding notices where parking permits are not clearly displayed in the front windscreen of the vehicle. The onus is on the permit holder to ensure the permit is clearly visible. UKCPS provide LSIP with photographs of the inside of the vehicle.
– Students are not entitled to park in P13 or along Green Lane, (regardless of whether they display a student parking permit).
Story submitted by Alexandra Foxley-Johnson